* Please submit resume to Kristin White, Principal, at email@example.com
for the 2018/2019 School Year
The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
The Art Teacher will perform all or some of the following Job description:
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Instruct students in basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting
- Understand a variety of "masters" techniques
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection
- Evaluate each student's performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students' work for the school and the community
- May sponsor exhibits from outside the school
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after school art club
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill For Art Teacher Job
- One year work experience as an Art Teacher. Minimum Education Requirements / Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts
- Master's degree in Fine Arts preferred.
Copyright © 2013 - 2018 Quest Leadership Academy and Arche Designs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Developed and Maintained by Arche Designs.