Charter Elementary School Teacher
* Please submit resume to Kristin White, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about teaching and learning? Are you committed to defying expectations about what children achieve? We are at Quest Leadership Academy, which was established to provide a solid, core based educational program and develop exceptional learners and leadership scholars who achieve their highest potential. If you feel as we do, please submit your resume.
- Plan a program of study aligned to Common Core State Standards that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students through the analysis of student work and assessments
- Develop a positive, orderly learning environment which engages students and maximizes on-task behavior
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal
- Use technology to effectively enhance instruction
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, Quest Leadership Academy's philosophy of education, instructional goals and policies governing student conduct
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of all students in the classroom and throughout the school
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, South Carolina Public Charter School District policy, and school administrative regulations
- Make provisions for being available to students and to parents for education-related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents and community members
- Design and organize purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) while coaching and supporting their professional growth
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities and guide students in learning from those activities
- Maintain and improve one's professional competence
- Adhere to the accommodations/modifications of students with disabilities (when applicable)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in elementary education from an accredited college or university
Licensure: A current South Carolina professional educator license in elementary education
- A sense of urgency to do whatever it takes to ensure all students at Quest Leadership Academy achieve their highest potential - both academically and socially
- A strong focus on student development and a passion for working with under-served student populations and their families
- The ability to instill strong self-efficacy beliefs in students
- A commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of Quest Leadership Academy
- The motivation to grow as an educational professional and to be an active member of a professional learning community focused on action research within the school and the classroom
- A comfort level with the transparent and public sharing of data
- The ability to disaggregate data in order to make data-informed, instructional as well as operational decisions
- An adeptness in exhibiting professionalism and timeliness in following-up and following-through with students, families and staff members
Additional Requirements: In order to be considered for a position, applicants must be willing to do the following:
- Conduct a model classroom lesson for members of the teacher selection committee
- Participate in one or more interviews by the selection committee
Required experience: 1 year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: SC Teacher's Certification?
Job Type: Full-time
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Do you have a SC Teaching Certificate?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- SC Teaching Certificate - Primary Education (Required)
Copyright © 2013 - 2019 Quest Leadership Academy
and Arche Designs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Developed and Maintained by Arche Designs.