An application must be completed and submitted to enroll your child. Each student will complete a basic application form. The form will include the student's name, the address where he/she currently resides, and the school he/she currently attends (if applicable), the last grade completed, the current grade, and the telephone number of the parent/guardian. Additionally, the parent/guardian will be required to sign the application form.
Quest is a state sponsored public charter school. Accordingly, students eligible to attend the school are those who
- reside in the state of South Carolina
- complete the Quest Leadership Academy Public Charter School application
The admission policies and procedures of Quest will provide that: subject to space limitations, the charter school will admit all children who are eligible regardless of disability, race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry or need for special education services.
Applications are accepted at Quest Leadership Academy Public Charter School or online. Applications may be obtained in different languages upon request.
As a charter school, all students will be accepted regardless of disability, race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry, or need for special education services. If the number of applications exceeds the capacity of the program during any enrollment period, students will be accepted by a lottery process for student selection that is described below.
- All preference categories as established by the SC Charter School law shall be published prior to conducting the lottery.
- All applicants entitled to receive a placement preference shall be identified prior to the lottery.
- Preference status entitles an applicant to be offered an available seat ahead of applicants without a preference status.
- All preferences shall be considered in the following order:
a. An applicant sibling of a currently or formerly attending student(within 5 years)
b. An applicant sibling of an accepted applicant applying for the same academic year
c. Children of Quest Leadership Academy Charter School employees
d. A child of a Quest Leadership Academy Charter School Planning Committee member(within 5 years)
- Siblings who are applying for the first time will receive preference only after one of the siblings has been accepted.
- The lottery will be held in open meeting, may rely on computer numbering, and will be easily understood and followed by all observers.
- Only applications received prior to the established deadline will be eligible for lottery participation.
- All offers of acceptance and registration will be made in the order of the lottery results and established waitlist. No offer will be made to any student not properly entitled to the next available seat.
- All applicants offered acceptance will be required to respond affirmatively in writing within 15 calendar days. Those not responding (excluding declines) will be placed on the waitlist. All students will be provided in writing their status for acceptance or waitlist.