Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When did Quest open?
A: Quest Leadership Academy will opened August of 2014.
Q: Where is Quest Leadership Academy be located?
A: Quest will be located at 29 Ridgeway Drive, Greenville, SC at Upstate Circle of Friends Community Center, the former site of Sirrine Elementary School.
Q: What grades does Quest serve and what is the maximum number of students in each classroom?
A: Initially Quest served 100 students in grades K4 - 2 with no more than 20 students in each classroom. One additional grade level is added each year until the school reaches grade 8 in 2020 - 2021 school year. Classes may be above 20 students in special circumstances.
Q: Who is eligible to enroll in Quest Leadership Academy?
A: Quest is a state sponsored public charter school. Any student in South Carolina is eligible to enroll.
Q: What will be the curricula at Quest?
A: Emphasis will be placed on reading, written and oral communication skills as the foundations to all learning. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) will be used to cultivate each student's gifts and talents. The "Leader in Me" curriculum, based on Steven Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective Children, will be an integral part of all curricula.
Q: How does Quest address the needs of at-risk students?
A: Partnerships within the community, Leader in Me Principles, and Individualized learning based on student data from state and national assessments all address these needs.
Q: Can you identify any unique features of Quest when compared to the traditional school?
- Smaller student to teacher ratios (20:1)
- Learning communities within the school focused on teamwork
- Extended school day program
- Summer Learning Program
- Leadership skills development through task-driven activities
- Character trait understanding and development
- Enrichment through clubs and leadership roles
- Wellness components with healthy lifestyle education, emphasizing physical activity, nutrition, and preventative screenings
- Q Closet: An initiative to supplement material needs of students.
Q: How do I get more information or enroll my child into Quest?
A: Please call 864-277-7575 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, to ask questions or to request an application. An application must be completed and submitted to enroll your child.